Maybot Run: Press-Kit
To request a press copy of Maybot Run on Steam or Maybot Run Pocket on Google Play just complete our simple form: Maybot Run Press Copy Request Form
- Game: Maybot Run
- Developer: Bloodline Games
- Release Date: 19th October 2017
- Release Platforms: Windows PC, Linux PC, Mac (Steam & Itch.io)
- Hashtag: #MaybotRun
- Game Website: bloodlinegames.co.uk/maybotrun
- Developer Website: bloodlinegames.co.uk
- Twitter: twitter.com/bloodline_games
- Facebook: facebook.com/BloodlineGamez
- Instagram: Instagram.com/bloodline_games
- Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCQS3dzvgU6X9O_1Z5kOId2Q
- Price: ~£2.99 ($3.99) on Steam and itch.io
- Instruction Manual: bloodlinegames.co.uk/maybot-run-manual/
- Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/715990/Maybot_Run/
- Itch.io: bloodlinegames.itch.io/maybotrun
Trailer Video (Gameplay):
Help Maybot run, jump, slide, and shoot her way to a strong & stable dystopia in this hilarious political infinite runner.
A Game for the Many:
Play the villain, Maybot. Run through randomly generated levels collecting power-ups, taxes, and votes. Jump over crazy enemies from angry farmers to missing nuclear bombs to foxes on horseback blowing bugles. Slide under tractors and ripsaws to avoid death and collect more goodies. Build up your naughtiness to unleash your ultimate form and shoot down massive bosses. Spend your votes in the shop on upgrades and new playable characters, each with their own perk. Rise to the challenge and unlock achievements and make history on the Steam leader-board. You are the Maybot now RUN!
In 2016 the Maybot landed in the UK and quickly took power as an unelected dictator. Help her run, jump, slide, and shoot her way to a stronger, and more stable leadership. Wreak havoc on the poor, help the elite, and be as naughty as possible in those wheat fields. With your help Maybot can defeat the coalition of chaos; morality and hope, bringing back the wealth to the elite few and condemning the many to ordinary working poverty. There are girl’s jobs and boy’s jobs but this is definitely a bot’s job.
Maybot Run is an infinite runner with a difference. You play as our current Prime Minister Theresa May, and your aim is to collect as much, tax, wheat, and votes as you can whilst running your way to dystopia. Tax lets you pay bribes for policies and get higher scores, wheat increases your naughtiness, which when maxed-out allows you to become your true form and blast champagne bottles at ordinary working people. Votes allow you to buy upgrades, new characters, and artwork helping you gain higher scores and cause more destruction. Meanwhile you’re dodging constituents, jumping angry mobs, and sliding under frack bombs.
Maybot Run gains a lot of its art style from Viz Comics, Spitting Image, and Monkey Dust and is influenced by political satire. Maybot Run mocks The Conservative party and their Dickensian polices while providing the gamer with fun and interesting gameplay.
- Run, jump, slide, and shoot for political survival. How long can you stay in power?
- Battle huge bosses destroying ethics, morality, and hope with your victories.
- Power up your special weapon to unleash your ultimate form, ‘The Dream Crusher’.
- Collect votes to unlock upgrades and new characters aiding your path to elitist domination.
- Sprint past famous London buildings and landmarks.
- Collect tax and claim expenses for elaborate things and high scores.
- Help Maybot bribe her way to unleash policies and see the world change.
- Collect in game power-ups such as shields, invincibility, and double tax.
- Complete tasks to earn achievements.
- Compete with others for leader-board domination.
The Maybot Run video game soundtrack was written and recorded by Electric Fan Death. Have a listen to the Maybot Run Theme:
Press & Media Coverage:
Astrid Johnson from Indie Haven talks about her positive first impressions of Maybot Run.
Dayton Does Gaming learns a bit about British politics whilst having a laugh playing Maybot Run.
Rip Cassidy gets to grips with the first level of Maybot Run in this funny Youtube video.
Quotes From Press, Players, and Youtubers
“In Maybot the gamer helps the Prime Minister shoot, run, and slide her way to dystopia.” – Ellie Price – BBC One Sunday Politics
“On its surface it’s political commentary is blatant and hilariously so, but there’s a surprising amount of depth to its cuts.” – Astrid Johnson – Indie Haven
“The gameplay is extremely original for an endless runner. The soundtrack is pretty righteous as well.” – Dayton Does Gaming
“A tongue in check game that you can get a good laugh at” – Rip Cassidy
“Maybot Run has an awesome soundtrack” – Tesla ゴジラ Gaming
“Oh no, all my tax money’s gone down the drain” – KevGuuey
“Its refreshing to see an infinite runner with a bit of depth” – usaryan (Steam Player)
To request a press copy of Maybot Run on Steam or Maybot Run Pocket Google Play just complete our simple form: Maybot Run Press Copy Request Form